Saffron Rice with Prawns
1 cup long grain rice
2 cups water
Few saffron threads
½ tsp salt
2 tbsps vegetable/olive oil
500 g prawns, peeled and deveined
50g fresh mint, finely chopped
Good handful chopped fresh coriander
2 tbsps lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring water, salt and saffron to a boil in a heavy bottom saucepan.
2. Add rice. Reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender (approximately 40-45 minutes).
3. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
4. Add prawns. Stir constantly for 2 minutes.
5. Add mint and coriander. Mix well.
6. Add lemon juice and remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Serve warm with saffron rice.